Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday's Metro West Daily News

Good morning and thank you for stopping by.

You may have seen the articles in today's edition of the MWDN relating to the election. As many of you know, the on line version of the paper allows comments from readers in a blog section following each article. This morning, I commented on three of these articles on the election. However, the MWDN has chosen to block my ability to post to any of these blogs. I believe this is in direct violation of my right to free speech, as all of my comments met the requirements for posting listed on their site. I think it is important for the voters of Framingham to know that I am reading and commenting on the issues that are important to you, however, my ability to let you see those comments has been limited by the MWDN. I do believe there are many important issues facing all of us that deserve our attention, and so I am moving on at the moment to those issues that are important to all of us in Framingham. I will be in the parking lot at Ace Hardware today from noon - 3pm. Please stop by with your questions, comments, and concerns (and maybe something warm to drink!). As always, I am available to listen and respond. Silencing Jim Pillsbury is not an easy task, and certainly not something the Metro West Daily News is able to do!

Thank you again for your ideas and your support. I ask for your vote on November 4th to send a message that we ALL have a voice in what happens here in Framingham, and that everyone's voice has a right to be heard. You have my word that I will listen and be responsive to the will of the voter if given the opportunity to represent you at the State House.

Peace,

Jim Pillsbury

Labels:

6 Comments:

At November 2, 2008 at 12:12 PM , Blogger no name listed said...

I was wondering why there was nothing from you on the paper blog. Interesting that they decide to block you, but I can post fine. The fact that they are biased should not be a surprise to anyone in Framingham. Anyway the election is 2 days away, and their ignorance is not a reason to get stuck fighting that battle and ignoring the race for the State House. Don't lose sight of the fact that is the battle you need to win, for all of our sakes. Hang tough and take the Metro people on later. You will have 2 months before you take office to go after them. On to victory on November 4th.

 
At November 2, 2008 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

No Name... I agree, onward and upward. There's much to left to do.

Peace

jim

 
At November 2, 2008 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Frank S. said...

Nice way to handle this. you won my vote simply by not stooping to their level. they will lose in the long run. keep up the good fight. you will beat them in the end. one vote at a time, you are building a coalition.

 
At November 2, 2008 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

Frank,

Thanks for the note.. and you are correct.. one vote at a time.

Peace
jim

 
At November 3, 2008 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hang in there and you could win this. they know you have a shot, that is why they are putting up road blocks, trying to spread you thin to fight more than one battle. don't let their tactics win. you could pull this off with some luck. i am a neighbor of your opponent, and let me just say I am very glad you are running. good luck

 
At November 3, 2008 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

John,

Thanks for the lift.. it ain't easey to fight city hall AND the MWDN.. wouldn't they just crawl in their caves and die.. if it were to go my way... and it wouldn't be because I'm connected.. it would be because of the voters.

Peace
jim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home