Monday, January 24, 2011

Are you tired of reading about Beacon Hill?

Question for our readers.... are you as tired as I having to read, hear and watch the weekly reports of un-ethical and criminal behavior of our elected on the Hill? Does it serve us to continue to talk about it? Have we made any progress after all the indictments, resignations and jail time for those party loyalists who have fallen in the past 11 years?

I for one am sick over it. Even when we have the truth on our side, do they really give a dam what we think? I'm beginning to believe we should just ignore them all and stop trying, stop spending, stop calling and writing to them, stop protesting. Can the working man and women really have a voice in this thing we call a democracy? Will we ever have enough money or time to compete against the very forces that continue to dictate over our lives?

I see so much that is wrong and can't do a dam thing about it. I see my grandchildrens future being much worse off than my own. I see a police state where innocent people are killed in the name of justice. I see organized labor working against us. I see wrongs and can't stop them. I see thousands of whole young men and women go off to war, only to come back in pieces, if at all. I see us as pawns in a chess game where politicians are the Kings and Queens, never to be in check mate.

5 Comments:

At January 24, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Ever vigalent said...

All the stories following this one on the blog play right into what you are saying here. We can not do anything about this mess ALONE. If we could manage to get a core group of people committed to changing the status quo together, then we could make something happen, but people are tired and disgusted from seeing what is going on and swimming upstream for so long and no one has the energy to try and change things. We are at a turning point in this country, and unfortunately, the turn we are going to take is not looking like a good one. How can we possibly believe people like DeLeo are going to make the world a better place for the little guy when they have spent their entire careers making things better for themselves and their cronies at the expense of us little guys? I worry about the world my children live in, and the world my grandchildren will inherit, but I no longer have any idea of how to rectify that, and that sense of futility keeps me up many a night.

 
At January 24, 2011 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Joker said...

Tried to post here all day today and kept getting booted off. Don't know if the problem was on my end or your end but it seems to be fixed now.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

First it was Wilkerson, now Turner, off to jail.

The beat goes on.....

 
At January 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am tired of hearing about Beacon Hill, and tired of hearing the President tell us things are better and we are going to be fine. My unemployment ran out in November. That means I have no money coming in. I have already tapped out my savings since unemployment was much less than what I earned. My wife has not worked in many years, so not exactly marketable in this economy. My kids are in college, at least for now, so they can not support us. I am going to lose my home, lose my car, and be hungry. Not exactly how I expected to spend my 50s, in a homeless shelter. Maybe things are better for him, but not for me.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Friend said...

The state of the union last night was a bunch of marketing bull. We are not doing better. My house is worth less every month, my taxes are going up, my retirement will never recoup what it lost, I have not gotten a raise in 3 yrs, and I work more hours than I ever have just to keep my job. I don’t know what the hell they are talking about that things are better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home