Thursday, January 8, 2015

Framingham's request for a new Fuller is denied

Disappointing news from the State Board that hands out money for new school buildings. The funding request or grant proposal was rejected by the State, but the agency does not have to say why.  I'm sure most of you would like to know why and I have asked Chris Walsh to look into it. I suspect a Freedom of Information request will be forthcoming if he can't get an answer.

If, our grant application was written poorly, we should know and so should the school administration.
I'm not sure how long Fuller can be safely used. Yesterday, 3 classrooms were flooded and steam was poring out of a closet. Along with the mold that has been seen in the past, one might think, the health and safety of the kids and teachers is being ignored.

2 Comments:

At January 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any way to find out why we keep getting denied. I hear that school is a dump

 
At January 13, 2015 at 11:23 AM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

I've asked Chris Walsh to find out why we were rejected, again. And I'm not sure when we can apply again.

I'll post that as soon as he gets me the answer.

It's an old building much like many of our old buildings that may not have been maintained well.

Looks like an override may be asked for the new school.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home