Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm not encouraging tobacco use... OK?

Now before you non smokers get on the high horse... let me please say, I don't want any child smoking anything not even tobacco. And I do hope that more of us will stop smoking commercial cigerets, especcially now, the tax increase has hit some of you smokers and some of you will soon be hit with another increase in federal tax. It's a dollar 1.00 each pack. Now we are paying a heafty price in Mass now, of 2.51 a pack.... so, some of us, pay 8 dollars a pack now. Now while that may seem "trivial" as Deval would say, but if your not working and have a habit of buying one pack a day, you now will not buy something else, to buy a pack. Or... you'll quite and save thousands, but most will pay for a pack no matter what.

Side issue... do any of you remember when the cig tax was increased, to get more money to tobacco control and cessation? That was millions and millions.. and we all said.. .that's money destined to the general fund.. and today smoking fans, hardly a dime goes to tobacco programs.

In that light, I want to post a alternative to the high taxes. I'm a customer of http://www.smokes-spirits.com. This group of Indians are affiliated with the Seneca Tribe. And of coarse, they have no obligation to pay taxes.. Thank God... so.... you can save half of what you are paying now. All you pay is for shipping ( and no State and Federal Taxes) and with that cost, I still save 40.00 a carton. OK.. I will stop, but not today.

I have no vested interest in this company, have not been paid or given free smokes. They carry organic tobacco and even smoke cessation patches... at a fraction of what they are in CVS. Kid safe web site and you pay by check.
http://www.smokes-spirits.com

don't shoot

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2009 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

Today I read in the Globe, that someone has gotten a tax bill from the State of Mass.... I've not gotten any tax bills .. yet. So we will see if it's going to happen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home