Monday, April 13, 2009

Pam's response to the outcry from the voters on unlawful voting for illegal immigrants

My position on this is: I will not support allowing illegal immigrants from voting or having drivers licenses with false social security numbers. I would also submit, all the illegal immigrants who have been convicted of non violent felonies, who sit in our jails and prisons, be immediately deported back to their country of origin.

STATEMENT OF REPRESENTATIVE PAM RICHARDSON

Clearly there are inherent challenges and issues related to having a large population of non-citizens living in our community.

For example, when a crime is committed, there is a reluctance to contact the police for help. When an employer exploits a non-citizen worker, the entire community suffers. When someone drives without fully understanding the rules of the road, everyone is at risk.

As an elected leader in Framingham I feel that the best way to take on these problems is to engage all individuals residing in our community and encourage input from everyone.

The statements I made at the Framingham Democratic Town Committee Meeting were a result of my complete frustration with the Federal Government and their inability to change Immigration Laws.

My statements were simply suggestions of possible ways to address the many issues we face. They were based upon ways in which other cities and towns across Massachusetts and Nationwide have responded to ineffective Immigration Policies.

I am 100% dedicated to serving the citizens of the 6th Middlesex District who I am privileged to represent.

I am proud of all of the work I have done to support economic development and job creation, support services for senior citizens and strengthening our public school system. These issues have been and will continue to be my highest priorities.

5 Comments:

At April 13, 2009 at 12:54 PM , Blogger JJ said...

If being an expert at twisting the truth to your advantage, and not taking responsiblity for any of your actions makes you a good politician (which seems to be the case in MA), the Richardson must be the best in MA at the moment. I want to know how she ever came up with her original speech. I thought she was dumb and a puppet of the dems in Framingham with more experience, but apparently, she went out on this limb all by herself. Now I think she is even dumber than I thought she was before if she really thought this was going to fly! What planet does she live on anyway?

 
At April 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Big screw up on her part. Now she is back peddeling hoping we will all think she is a good rep because she listened to us and changed her stand. My question is, why did she stand up and make those statements without knowing how her constituents felt in the first place? She is so out of touch she can not even begin to convince me she cares what I think at all.

 
At April 13, 2009 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Just wondering said...

Pillsbury, enough about Richardson! Ok, maybe you can give us a brief descritpion of what she did, but that’s it. If you want us to see what she is up to, just tell us a quick summary. We already think she is a lousy rep or we would not be coming to your blog. What we want to see, or at least what I want to see, is what you think we should do. Do you agree with Richardson, or disagree? If you disagree, why, and what would you propose doing instead? It is easy to bash the opponent when they are as bashable as she is. But if you want my support in 2010, you need to do more than that. You need to show my why you would be better at this than she is.

 
At April 13, 2009 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Not my problem said...

Pam's Respons my arse!!! This is what the party told her to say. Her initial statements, from which she is now withdrawing, those were her own words because no one in politics in Framingham would have been dumb enough to tell her to say those things. Unless of course the Framingham dems want her out of office, and if they did, what better way to make that happen than to make her look like a fool? I don't care what the deal is, as long as she is gone in 2010

 
At April 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

I'm not bashing here... just trying to let all of you know, what you can't read about, anywhere else, but here.

I'll make my comments shorter, but I feel compelled to expose the truth about what she votes on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home