Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Now we know.. Fire deaths and overall crime are way down in our State.

From the Globe, we learn that fire deaths are at the lowest levels since the 40's. Excellent news. And from the feds, we learned weeks ago, crime is at a all time low in the country. Excellent news, in light of what some in law enforcement had predicted in this bad economy, low level crime, would increase.

In our Town, these two departments have increased their ranks and budgets with scare tactics and loyalists who will defend those increases with more propaganda than a DARE meeting. Bottom line folks, it's time for Framingham to cut some fat from the two big bullies in Town. Perhaps in the race to replace the two ancient icons at the BOS, will come some seriuos talk about reducing the cost of government tax payers have to pay for and stop being conned into more raises.

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree it is time to cut bugets for police and fire, or at least think about doing that. There can be no expenses taken off the table in these times. How about GPS on the cruisers like they are talking about in Lowell? There has got to be down time for a cop during the day. I am not saying that they have to be busy every second of their shift. That is not that nature of their job. But the amount of down time should be minimal. At my job now, I am lucky if I get enough down time now to eat my lunch let alone go out and buy it. If my wife did not make it for me every day I would not be eating lunch. There has to be some fat in the budgets for both police and fire that can be cut. Everyone else had to cut, they should not be exempt from that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home