Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Bowl Ads

Is it me.. or did most of the ads, at 5 Million for 30 seconds, make you wonder what the product or service was? Some, like the Busch ad made a statement about immigration, sounded appropriate, given the new administration. I get that. But unlike the years where people spoke about the ads for weeks after, most of the ads were not very funny and I have no idea what some of the companies do, like 84 lumber. Although according to the WSJ, social media was flooded with comments, I still didn't get many of the ads. I wonder how much we would all pay for products and service if the companies didn't spend 5 million per 30 seconds. And if nothing else, the game itself overshadowed any of the commercials, undoubtedly, the best game I've ever witnessed.


2 Comments:

At February 6, 2017 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny Jim! I think we are getting too old to understand the specifics of some of these ad, and too old to use the services some of these companies are selling!

 
At February 6, 2017 at 4:34 PM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

the very same conclusion we arrived at last night watching... but you know.. it's us boomers who spend

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home