Friday, April 16, 2010

Jack Herer, father of marijuana legalization movement, dies at age 70 in Eugene

I first saw Jack in 1989, in Northampton MA, at the first marijuana rally ever staged here in Massachusetts. A few years later, he was our featured speaker in Ashland at Stone Park, where the Selectman tried in vain to stop us. Thanks to the ACLU and attorney John Swomley, a federal judge ruled against the Town and the rally went on.

After reading Jack's book, "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", I was enlightened to all the uses of hemp and the truth behind marijuana prohibition. He and I had a few puffs and talked about the bigger picture and how we could make a difference. Jack was a formidable crusader, ruff and tumble type guy, who spoke the truth.

I am lucky to have known and crusaded with him. His work has paid off all around this country and his spirit will always be a part of our future.

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2010 at 12:14 AM , Blogger J. Price said...

Guess this guy made a difference to something that is important to you, so for that I get why you posted this here. But I personally don’t give a rats ass about pot. I come here for the other stuff, so I hope you remember that most of us don’t really care about pot, we have much bigger issues we are worried about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home