Friday, May 14, 2010

Recycle baby... recycle

By the slimmest of margins, we approved the purchasing of larger recycle bins, bi-weekly pick-up and most importantly, this will save money and bring our community into the 21st century. I was proud to vote in favor of this, even with the reversions. Recycling rates will improve as time goes on and we will be thankful down the road and so will mother earth.

I was elected Precinct Chair, running on a platform of more precinct meetings, and am on the rules committee. Perhaps while on this committee, I can help tighten the rules for participation by the TMM's. Something has to be done about the half of TMM's who don't show up. And quite frankly, I would suggest an ambulance with a complete staff of EMT's be on hand at each meeting. I've seen homeless healthier people on the streets of Boston.

Watson, can you hear me now?..... Funny how a little pressure on the BOS can motivate the Gov Access crew to do their job. I did find out that Jim Eagan sets up the hall which in my mind, is the responsibility of Gov Access. None the less... bitching about the sound was heard and can only get better with time. Thank you all for your comments about this subject and I would hope, at any time you don't see or don't hear a meeting, you will let me know.

3 Comments:

At May 14, 2010 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice that recylcing passed, and better that you are now precinct chair and on the rules committee. I think your idea of having rules about actually having to attend a meeting if you are a town meeting member is a great idea. That should be a no brainer. And thanks for finally making it so we can hear the meetings. It sure was a long time getting fixed. Funny how once you got on the topic things suddenly started improving.

 
At May 14, 2010 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Just wondering said...

I saw that Lavin guy on your show and got a much better idea of what the program is from that. I would have been against it if I had not caught that show. The wheels really are a plus and will make it so much easier for me to lug it out to the pick-up point. But where that pickup location has to be remains a mystery to me. I park my car on the street. Do I have to change that if we go to an automated pick-up system? Having 4 feet of empty space around my trash is going to be an issue in the winter, but I do think that recycling is very important, and can save the town a lot of money without cutting services to residents, and that is what it is all about.

 
At May 14, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Blogger JJ said...

Saw the comments in Metro West that this just barely passed. Glad it did pass, think it is important and it saves money. I came here to say good job getting them to work on the sound for town meeting. It has been awful for a long time, about time someone made them fix it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home