Wednesday, February 28, 2018

How many assault rifles are registered in Framingham?

In a move that will piss off 2nd Amenders, Dicks Sporting Goods will no longer sell assault style rifles and high capacity magazines. I hope other dealers do the same in Mass.
My question is how many of these rifles are registered in Framingham and out of those (if there are any) are in homes with school age kids? As we know, many of the past mentally challenged kids have had access to these weapons of mass destruction in their homes. Taking away the chance that another kid shoots up a school should be of the highest priority for Framingham.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/02/28/dicks-sporting-goods-ceo-says-company-will-no-longer-sell-assault-rifles-guns-to-people-under-21/?utm_term=.eb1b00a91a9a

7 Comments:

At February 28, 2018 at 2:46 PM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

I asked our Police Chief the question of how many AR's were in Town.

He replied.. those records are maintained by the state firearms records bureau which is located at 200 Arlington Street in Chelsea MA

I called them and the person told me that there were hundreds of different assault rifles out there. He did suggest I contact the AG's office... which I did

waiting for a response to the question.
BTW.. the assault weapons ban is still in effect here in Mass, but not in every State.

 
At March 1, 2018 at 9:57 AM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

I did find out from the paper, there are 2,512 gun licenses in Town. And according to that same article, "police who issue FID cards and licenses in each Town or City are able to search databases to view firearm records of every license".
I can only guess that the Chief is not wanting the public to know how many assault style rifles are in Town. I can't imagine why.

 
At March 1, 2018 at 11:40 AM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

looks like Walmart will raise the age to 21 and stop selling air soft weapons and toys that look like assault weapons.

 
At March 2, 2018 at 4:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is the chief stonewalling you?

 
At March 2, 2018 at 7:22 PM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

I hate to think so.. he knows I will not stop looking.
And even stranger, my account with the City Public Records Request web page is invalid, even after I have filed 2 in the last month.

I may be on to something.

 
At March 6, 2018 at 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stop looking at this. And what happened with your account with the city? Seems strange that suddenly disappeared!

 
At March 6, 2018 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

I must have had a senior moment logging in. It's working now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home