Friday, June 1, 2018

Did anyone get a letter from FPD Superior Officers Union?

I'm not sure why I would get this letter asking for money from them. The money allegedly goes to worthy causes, but who monitors that? They are not a non profit and I assume have no oversight at all. The strangest part is, the letter is from Scott Brown, President of the Union. I believe this is the same Scott Brown who urinated near a building on private property and when caught, pulled a gun on the property owner. And yes, he was found not guilty. I'm still wondering why I got this plea for donations from a union.

3 Comments:

At June 4, 2018 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you to be on their mailing list. I am surprised that it is legal for them to do this

 
At June 4, 2018 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the history of our police officers, both superior and rank an file, I would not trust them enough to donate 50 cents to anything they have no requirement to report on where it was used. There are a lot of good cops, but there are far too many bad cops to assume they all are honest

 
At June 5, 2018 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

I'm surprised as well they do this at all. I just wonder how many other residents got the same letter.
Just look at what is happening with the State cops OT scam.. and they wonder why tax payers are upset. It's the entitlement mentality that goes unchecked and I'm convinced that FPD, if audited, would find the same thing happening here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home