Friday, May 11, 2018

Val Mulvey leaving

Today I learned Val Mulvey has resigned. I thought she could stay until her term expired but there  must be some legit reason why she left now. I for one.. and perhaps many many residents in Town who had interactions with her found her to be very knowledgeable, professional and un-biased in her duties as Clerk. It will be hard to imagine her not there.. but the city will not stop running. My own personal experience with her was always respectful, even though when I ran against Deb Blumer, I knew she didn't like that one bit. And each time I pulled papers to run for office, she always had an encouraging tone. She was always helpful when I was doing Public Policy Questions on the ballot as well. I wonder now what will happen with Lisa. Does she have to apply to the Mayor? Will she look outside for a Clerk?

8 Comments:

At May 12, 2018 at 1:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typical government hack. Complained whenever she or her staff had to do anything extra.

 
At May 14, 2018 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Lisa the one who does all the work?

 
At May 25, 2018 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems that she must not like our new Mayor. She made sure her position was safe for several years in the Charter,and now is choosing to leave. She was openly a supporter of Stefanni (which I found concerning given her position in town) and now she is leaving. I have had occasion to be in her office of numberous occasions over the years, and without exception, she always was on the phone talking personal business, or talking to someone in her office or at the counter about things in no way related to her position. Maybe I have this wrong, maybe the Mayor expected her to actually work to earn her pay, and she was not willing to do that

 
At May 26, 2018 at 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She helped make sure her position was safe for years by actually voting for that provision of the charter while she was on the Charter Commission. Can anyone say "Conflict of Interest?"

Maybe when she found out Lisa Furg was leaving - she figured out she might have to do some real work.

 
At May 28, 2018 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but dosen't the Clerk have to reside in Framingham? It may be a challenge to find someone one local to fill that spot.

 
At May 31, 2018 at 8:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim didn't Framingham vote for a Clerk when it was a town? I'm not sure I see the difference. In either case wouldn't the person have to come from Framingham?

The more important issue is who will replace Furgesun?

 
At June 4, 2018 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How will the new city clerk be put in place if not via an election?

 
At June 5, 2018 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't Giombetti and all pick the person?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home