Friday, August 9, 2019

Air Force Colonel Roy Knight Junior home from Vietnam.. 52 years later


 I hope the readers of this blog know my work with the POW MIA movement. For me, it started in the early 90's when at a Town Hall in Wrentham, I saw this ripped torn shreds POW MIA flag in front of Town Hall. I went home and contacted the VSO, bought a flag and donated it to them. Since then, I've donated a couple dozen over the years, many here in Framingham. Some of you may remember my Town Meeting performance pleading with the VSO to hang the POW MIA Flag at Town Hall. Thanks to Jim Paolini, the flags fly every day the stars and stripes fly.
I've been allowed to do a memorial type service at the Vietnam Soldiers Statue at the MWRTA station the past few years. When I was doing my TV show, we had as guests member's of the Taunton Area Vietnam Veterans Association and we were blessed with a slide show and listening to some of thier experiences in Nam. For the past 37 years, they have held a two day vigil, reading all the names of the 39 from Mass still not home. It's a moving experiance for me. 
But the biggest news on the POW MIA front is a Pilot who was shot down 52 years ago in Laos and thanks to DNA, he was indentified and brought home. The pilot of the commerical ariline is Roy Knight's son... wooow

Have a look at the coverage... it just grabs at my heartstrings. 



6 Comments:

At August 15, 2019 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing story, and why we still need those POW/MIA flags

 
At August 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

this country cannot forget those who didn't come home from Vietnam or any other war. We owe it to the surviving families. Take the flags down when they all are accounted for. There were also stories about those who wore the POW MIA bracelet of Roy Knight.

 
At August 15, 2019 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone wore his bracelet. So cool. I didn’t think anyone still had those. Wore one myself in college

 
At August 15, 2019 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great feel good story and we need those right now. Thanks for sharing. How do you find these stories Jim !

 
At August 15, 2019 at 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Nice to read something positive as the world seems to be falling apart around us

 
At August 16, 2019 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

I still have my POW MIA bracelet for MSGT Bruce Baxter who was shot down in Laos in 1967.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home