Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cash for Clunkers... the new name political donations

OK... car sales are up... if you had invested 10k with Ford just a few months ago, you would have made 80K. While 1 billion was spent in less than a week, congress approves another 2 billion in funding. The problem... that money is supposed to go to renewable energy research, (In the interest of full dis closer) which is my paycheck. I love the idea but Obama is doing something no President has done before, take budgeted money from an account already promised. Lets see how the Senate handles this in the coming days.

On a lighter note, couldn't we use the same formula to get rid of the clunky, inefficient, money wasting politicians who pollute the air with noxious fumes?

6 Comments:

At August 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Are you saying they are taking money for green energy funding to pay for the cash for clunkers? I guess it makes sense, we are getting rid of high polluters, but what about all this hype about green energy jobs being what will get us out of this unemployment hole? Sounds like robbing Peter to pay Paul, and we all know how that turns out.

 
At August 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

If the Seante buys in.. the money will go, Jamie.

Lots of dearlships accross the country will benifit and so will most auto workers.

 
At August 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Defeated in Fram. said...

This is all to confusing for me to follow but sounds like this is not a good thing. Is that what you are saying Jim? Personally I don’t think it is fair that I bought a new car a year ago to stop all those bad emissions that were coming from my old car but no one rewarded me for being a responsible citizen. If I had waited a year I would have saved $4500. Sure could use that money in this economy.

 
At August 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Jerry G. said...

Where do I contribute to get rid of the clunky, inefficient, money wasting politicians who pollute the air with noxious fumes as you suggest. I would give you every red cent I have if you could accomplish that.

 
At August 4, 2009 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

If no president has done this before how come this one is doing it. Who gave him the ok to raid these accounts. Not saying he should not do that. I dont know enough to make that statement. But giving the worlds most powerful man more power does not sit well with me. What do you mean he is taking your paycheck. Is he taking money from the company you work for. What is the deal here.

 
At August 5, 2009 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

Abra,

The DOE money is for R&D for which I have two grant applications in for.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home