Sunday, June 13, 2010

That 17.5% pay raise.. is actually 20%

So the employees at Boston Fire gave 1% back for drug testing, postponed 2.5%, bullied city councilors and at the end of 5 years, the total raise will be 20%. Just wait and see what happens in the city when the other 41 unions come to the table. Playing chicken with the future will come back and bite Menio and the City Council this year and could spark real trouble for the residents who rely on the rank and file union members who have less than hero status with City Hall.

To think any tax payer, anywhere in this state should be forced into giving more money to public employee's to take a drug test is just loony and demonstrates how far off base the unions have gone to cheat tax payers.

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2010 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Friend said...

I can’t really get my head around all this stuff involved in this contract, but I can get my head around the fact that this is going to set a precedent for all the other unions in Boston when their contracts come up for negotiations. I am just glad that this will have absolutely no impact on Framingham, so I don’t give a damm about this.

 
At June 14, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger 50 stud said...

I don’t really care about the Boston Fire contract, other than it is another example of how ridiculous unions can be. I do however care about the Fire Dept here in Framingham and the truck that got totalled that my tax dollars have to pay to replace. I never heard what the cause of that accident was. What can you tell us on that Pillsbury?

 
At June 15, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

What happens in Boston has effects on all union negotiations, in my opinion. It's Monkey see.. Monkey do.

Will the Town of Framingham pay extra for drug testing for our union employee's? It could happen

They are out looking for a truck now.. off the lot type. I wonder why we couldn't'
pick up a bargain from any of the dozens of scaled down fire houses across this state.

The findings have still not been released and I would hope, we don't buy the same model from the same manufacture, if driver error is ruled out.

We got the insurance check and already approved spending that money at TM.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home