Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The City takes shape

It didn't take long before we heard that Chris Walsh will run for Mayor. The 180,000 dollar pay check I'm sure helped to persuade him, after all it will take a boat load of money to win. The looming question is who else will run. Will it be Charlie Sistiky, Dennis Cardiff or how about John Stefinani? Out of all of them, Chris is the better choice for Framingham. Before anything else happens we have the recount that will take place on the 24th, but unless there are major faults with the voting machines, the Charter will prevail. I have volunterted to be one of the spotters.
Some Town Meeting members have already said they will run for a council seat.. I am one of them for district 4, Precincts 6 and 9.
I do think Chris if elected cannot serve as Mayor and State Rep at the same time. Which will leave his seat open and it's my guess that Giombetti will make a run for State Rep. A bad choice for Framingham.

3 Comments:

At April 20, 2017 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you will be running. You have my vote, as does Chris for mayor.

 
At April 20, 2017 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where the heck you were lately. No postings in a while. Very glad to see you back. Lets got the posts going about what is going on with the Charter. When will we have the results from the recount?

 
At April 22, 2017 at 4:24 PM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

So I along with 61 other civic minded no supporters and one out of townee.. will verify the count on Monday. I can't imagine what will happen if the numbers change. It is ironic that the Clerks office has asked for 136,000 dollars for new voting machines in this years capital spending. I'm dying to know if the machines we use now.. are prone to have issues after a certain point.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home