Friday, February 19, 2010

Interesting twist in Cape Wind saga

From the Globe, it appears that tribe member, who was recently hired by Cape Wind, alleges that he has never seen or heard of any unobstructed views in any sun ceremonies, saying, "fabricated cosmology".

The letter sent to Interior Sec Ken Salazar, Jeffery Madison, a Martha's Vineyard lawyer who was hired by Cape Wind states, "I am stating to you in all honesty and knowledge that I have never participated in, witnessed, or even heard of a sacred spot on the horizon that is relevant to any Aquinnah Wampanoag culture, history or ceremony. Nor did I see, or hear either my farther or grandfather conduct such a ceremony".

Very interesting twist and I'll bet Salazar uses it and gets this project going.

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Angry Voter said...

I would hate to be this Indian who knows has to face the other members of his tribe for selling them all out. I don’t know who is telling the truth here about their ceremonies, but I do know that there is someone who can come up with a reason for not doing anything that anyone else can think of to do. At some point, we have to say the needs of the many are more important than the few who may have a legitimant objection. Separation of church and state should apply here. Their religious ceremony should not be a reason to prevent the state from putting up Cape Wind, which will benefit just about everyone in the state, even those who oppose it.

 
At February 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Not my problem said...

THis whole things has been a fiasco. Every time this gets close to happening someone comes out of the woodwork with a reason it can not be done. Just wait, there will be some new revalation moments before the approval is about to be given. I don't know much about wind, but I got to say it makes sense to me if it is going to save me money on my electric bill and lower our dependance on forgein oil.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home