Thursday, June 10, 2021

Who's NOT running in district 4

 This press release was sent today to the local reporters:

Co-President Statement on Running for Office

June 10, 2021 - As many of you have seen, I (Stephanie Deeley) pulled papers in consideration of running for District 4 City Councilor. I am also the co-president of the League of Women Voters (LWV) of Framingham.

Just pulling nomination papers seems to have been enough to shake some people up. Although only a few people chose to get involved in the on-line discussion questioning my ethics, the fact that my integrity and ethics were even called into question gave me pause as it is completely unjustified.

In response to that, I have thought long and hard about this, and have decided that I will not be running for any office in Framingham at this time. The LWV is clearly needed in Framingham to offer voters, by way of our candidate forums, a way to have a clear understanding of the positions of all candidates for office. Across the country, there is a climate of suppressing public participation in government and limiting access to voting. The LWV works to protect voting rights, inform voters about candidates, and promote a more engaged electorate. Serving as Co-President of the League is the most critical and powerful role I can play at this time.

Thank you to all who reached out to support me. To those who immediately chose to question my actions, thank you also for reminding me of the need for organizations like the LWV to help educate voters about the correct process for running for office, their choices at the polls, and to hold candidates accountable . I can only do one of these things, and I believe that the role of the LWV is the most powerful and most needed at this time.

I encourage all residents of Framingham to get involved, run for office, study the candidates carefully and pay close attention to the LWV candidate forums during this election season. Most importantly - VOTE!

12 Comments:

At June 10, 2021 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Jim Pillsbury said...

I as well pulled papers and will not be running for office. My work with the League is far more important to the community at this point. Thank you all for your support and kind words.

 
At June 10, 2021 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a tremendous loss for Framingham. The beligerent midget does not represent the people in his district at all and he mobilizes a group of women to fight his battles for him because he does not have the balls to fight himself. He hides behind women, thing about that when you are deciding who to vote for. Hooray for the LWV for all they do here in Framingham

 
At June 11, 2021 at 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry it came to this. I guess all those making up statements about Steph may have gotten their way but based on their behavior I will be voting for any option other then the current district 4 councilor and if there is no other option on the ballot I will write steph’s name in. There is more than one way to skin a cat after all

 
At June 12, 2021 at 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A write in campaign for Stephanie! Excellent idea!

 
At June 16, 2021 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw the posting on the League Facebook page about yet another false story posted on the Source. It is about time someone had the balls to call out the Source for their misleading and incorrect stories. I do get a kick out the fact that Ms. Deeley is the one calling them out. I mean that women from the Source is a very big woman, and would likely hurt Ms. Deeley who is about 1/2 her size and about as feminine as you can get from what I have seen, besides being 1000% more attractive than the Source person. But I digress. Stores like the one posted about on the League Facebook page make me more committed than I was previously to write in Ms. Deeley for DC #4. I have always voted for you Jim, but I suspect Ms. Deeley has a better chance to beat the current DC for our district, and I have to say it would be pretty amazing for a write in candidate to beat an incumbent. I encourage others in our district to write in her name also.

 
At June 16, 2021 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what the previous poster states. The Source is often one of those fake news sites, and the editor seems to let her jealousy of the respect Stephanie has from the community at large get in her way of being truthful. Most surprising is the fact that she in not smart enough to see how much damage her attacks on the Framingham League are doing to her and her on line site. And being a woman, I have to say that I am really, really shocked at a woman making such vicious and untruthful attacks on another woman. We are suppose to raise each other up, but I guess not all woman do that.

 
At June 16, 2021 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's Susan issue with Stephanie? She clearly hates her. I know she is a Cannon supporter, which would explain some of this bullshit, but really, blatantly lying to support your candidate is a bit over the top, don't you agree? I have to say that Stephanie has once again showed her class by responding in a factual and not biased or emotional way. We need more people like her in Framingham who are willing to call out the liars and hold people accountable. I have to say I am embarrassed that here in Framingham we leave it to an elderly woman to be the only one with the guts to do it except for Jim. He must be rubbing off on Stephanie and that is a good think in my opinion

 
At June 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM , Anonymous Bill Lynch said...

You chicken shit commenters have zero class. We have 1 commenter fat shaming someone, and in the same thought she then takes aim at the feminity and attractiveness of that woman.
Then.. And get this... The next commenter says "I agree with the previous poster"... Blah blah blah... Then ends with "we are supposed to raise each other up. I guess some women don't do that".
You're both typical bullies who don't even have the balls to post with your name.
Big and tough behind a computer screen.
Bill Lynch.
Do better.

 
At June 18, 2021 at 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bill saying other commenters have zero class is like the pot calling the kettle black. u are one of the most classless in the Framingham political scene but to be fair to the political scene u arent part of that since u cant convince enough people to vote for u dont u wonder why that is and dont even get me started on how much online bullying i have seen from u

 
At June 18, 2021 at 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two posts about Susan Petroni’s appearance are a setup. I wouldn’t put it past Lynch to have done it himself and then come in a little later pretending to act all shocked.

 
At June 18, 2021 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Bill Lynch said...

More tough talk from the Anonymous crowd.

 
At June 18, 2021 at 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, WHo cares what she looks like?????? What she is bad at is unbiased reporting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home