Friday, April 8, 2022

Nobscot development and Gulf station plans

 So the planning board held a public meeting with the developer of the new complex. The new gulf station owners were also also represented in the meeting. Besides the parking on Water Street there seems to be no push back from the community. There are no major changes. The same amount of apartments and retail space with parking on Water Street.  I predict we all will be sorry we ever let this project go through. Those who like apartments and congestion will disagree. Watch it at:

http://207.172.210.8:5002/CablecastPublicSite/show/2541?channel=1


5 Comments:

At April 12, 2022 at 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has there been any estimate of how many school age kids will live here? How many more busses we may need to transport those kids? How crowded the classrooms may become?

 
At April 12, 2022 at 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious about what impact this will have on water usage and if that increase in usage will inpact our residential water bills at all.

 
At April 12, 2022 at 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is the construction on this scheduled to start? Any requirement for affordable housing in this new apartment complex?

 
At April 12, 2022 at 5:22 PM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

I'm sure Andy Rose estimated the amount of kids, or some urban planner type. It's bee talked I'm sure. good point on the water usage. 158 toilets, showers, washing machines will use more water for sure. Could very well help us hold down the rate increase coming.

Tear down is coming shortly. I don't think there was any affordable housing set-a-side. I think we've made the threshold, but I might be wrong.

What I don't get is, I bought a 2x4 for 14.00 at Lowe's the other day. The last time I bought one it was 4 dollars. I can't imagine how the builder is going to recoup the building price tag. How can the rents not be effected? I'll bet, the total project has almost doubled in price to build with sticks.

 
At April 14, 2022 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the answer to your question is the builder will cut corners and then unload the building before they are noticed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home