Wednesday, June 30, 2021

MEK's last day as CFO

 It's been 16 years. She has done wonders for this Town and put up with a lot of bulls..t from Cannon. I can't imagine how hard it will be to find a replacement given the tensions between the Mayor and council in hiring someone.

G King made an appropriate speech about her last day at the council meeting, thankfully. I had asked him in an email to say something nice about her service to this community. George was leaving as she was starting years ago and had a part in hiring her.

I hope the Mayor's staff threw MEK a nice going away party.

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2021 at 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a year from now we will all realize how fortunate we were to have Mary Ellen as our CFO. Those will be very tough shoes to fill, and any sane CPA is not going to apply and have to deal with the idiots on the city council. So we will have no CFO and no BOH director. When are we going to realize we are in deep pooh here because of the childish behavior of the city councilors? And the worst of the bunch is running unopposed thanks to Susan Petroni. Write in Pillsbury or are you willing to file papers to run against him Jim?

 
At July 1, 2021 at 10:07 AM , Blogger jim pillsbury said...

I will not be on the ballot. I need to fulfill my duties with the League. Besides that I'm to old to be humiliated again. Losing to Amanda Shepard in 2016 was a warning sign.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home